The Deanship for Academic Affairs has research infrastructure development programs and behavioral and clinical research projects. Many are federally funded and involve more than one school or cut across disciplines. The Deanship has provided a favorable environment for research by offering units the basic administrative support, while allowing them the necessary autonomy to pursue their goals.
Some of our research projects are international in scope, mostly through partnerships or collaborative agreements with other institutions. Other research is locally focused and seeks to study conditions affecting the Puerto Rican population. All units foster the professional growth of both faculty and students on campus.
Learn more about our research units:
- Institute of Neurobiology
- Behavioral Sciences Research Institute
- Research Centers in Minority Institutions (RCMI) Program
- National Institute of General Medical Sciences Program – Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (NIGMS-RISE)
- Mentoring Institute of Mental Health Related Research (MI-HMHR)